My name is Spyridoula Karydi and I am 20 years old. I was born and raised on the island of Corfu. Since I was a kid, I used to love sports, and at the age of 10, I thought I should try track and field, being jealous of my sister, who was also training as a young track and field athlete. Being an early success kept me in sports. Every race would leave me even more enthusiastic, and I would always go after the best version of me. Growing up meant that the demands and the difficulty level were to increase significantly. Nonetheless, I used to see it (and still do) as a challenge; this is why I have never thought about quitting.
I am happy to be part of the family of OPAP, which is a renowned and well-established company. The support OPAP will offer me will be immense and extremely important to my effort. I am honored to have been chosen among such distinguished athletes!
"Never quit, always persist; be resilient and committed. Trying is an indication of love. "
Follow me on social media
- 1st Place, National Championship, Patra (triple Jump) , 2021
- 2nd Place, European Championship U23, Talin, Triple Jump, 2021
- 1st Place, National Championship, Patra, Triple Jump, 2020
- 1st place, 2019 European K20 (triple jump)
- 3rd place, 2018 European K18 (long jump)
- 1st place, 2018 Gymnasiade (triple jump)
- 5th place, 2018 Youth Olympics (triple jump)