My name is Grigoris Souvatzoglou and I was born in 1988 in Athens. I took up swimming when I was 5, along with one of my two sisters. Since the first few years, we had already obtained distinctions at national and international level, breaking in fact the Greek national record. When I was 15, I turned to a more dynamic sport, finswimming, which gave me my biggest distinction, the 3rd place in the Men's World Championship, at the age of 18, in 1500m surface. I took up triathlon in 2012, after leaving the army and completing my Marketing studies. My life has been linked with triathlon ever since.
“To my mind, effort means to surpass yourself, when training, working or facing everyday challenges. Competitions just confirm this daily effort.”
Follow me on social media
- 3rd place in the World Championship 1500m Fin Swimming Surface, Italy, 2006
- 1st place in the World Championship 30 Middle Distance Triathlon, Slovakia, 2018
- 2nd place in the World Amateur Triathlon Championship, Hawaii
- 1st place in the European Championship Middle Distances ITU, Denmark (AG 25-29)
- 12th place in the Elite European Championship ITU Long Distances, Poland, 2016