My name is Gavriella Charalampidi. I was born on 1 August 2001, in Patras, where I still live. Even though I grew up in a provincial city, where things move a bit slow and there are few opportunities, I got to know my sport, tennis, as of a young age and, in fact, in the best possible way. I was lucky enough to meet my coach, a man who, apart from serving his coaching role, stands always by my side to offer me advice, support and to always guide me inside and outside the courts. I was very young when my life became inextricably linked with a racket, a ball and many dreams. It is true that neither I nor my family could ever imagine that a sport would slowly become more and more significant in our lives. My first successes, which indeed came relatively quickly, such as the participation in the national team, winning national championships and masters, as well as my distinctions in international tournaments, gave me the chance to get a taste of victory. At the same time, my successes in academics, such as the entrance to the Model Experimental School, as well as the consecutive certificates of excellence, gave me and continue giving me strength to continue playing intensively the sport I love, while studying. Both my successes and my defeats give me power to continue with this sport that I love so much. Of course, nothing would be possible without the continuous strain of my parents, who are always by my side, offering me their unconditional love. Their support is the strongest motive for me, so that, through my daily struggles, new targets can arise, which I will attain sooner or later, as time goes by.
“Effort means tenacity and will. Effort means fighting.”
Follow me on social media
- International Tennis Federation Damour Country Club, Lebanon, May 2018, singles champion
- International Tennis Federation Ioannides Academy Junior Tournament 2018, Limassol, August 2018, Champion in singles and 2nd place in doubles
- National U18 Championship, Chalkida, July 2018, singles and doubles champion
- Participation in the European Summer Cups (G16) with the National Team, August 2017, 7th place
- 1st place in Greek Masters Championships 2013, 2016